Monday, September 17, 2007

It happened..
It happened overnight...or so it seems.
My sweet baby boy has grown to be five years old. I am in awe of this child. Just in complete awe. I have been that way for 5 years now.
He promised he would slow down~~would stay a 4 year old. We agreed that was the right thing to do. He wanted it too. Then another year slipped by. And more to follow.... }}}}}sigh{{{{{
I want so much to go back, if only for a moment... Whisper in his sweet little newborn ear... Smell his sweet little newborn smell...Hold his sweet little newborn self... But it's gone. Five years gone!
He says I can keep him forever.
If only.... I know those little boy arms will grow and not want to wrap around Momma's neck anymore. I know they will grow and fly away and do wonderful things.. I KNOW.. But my heart hasen't gotten it yet. Someday
I love you, my sweet, crazy child. I carry you with me wherever I go.
I carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart)I am never without it.

sleep well, my little one.
I love you, all the way to the moon and back.
Momma

No comments: