Sunday, August 29, 2010

My inability to cope well with change....

As, you may have noticed, this is not a "peek post"...  I have issues... (who would of guessed it??)  Supposed to be sleeping at this very moment...preparing for the new school year.. I  just CANNOT bring myself to close my eyes... (SIGH)  I am one of those Moms that ENJOYS Summer... I do not want it to end ...and most definitely ..IF IT MUST END...I want it to end the very same way it always has... I know... blah, blah, blah...right!?     We enjoyed Summer.  Had wonderful, lovely, long, sun-filled days at camp.. I want them back.. I promise I will read one more chapter...play one more game...jump in the water one more time (with my clothes on)  which surprised my children beyond belief..They still share it as their favorite moment from Summer..  "Momma put down her dear Edward book..and just JUMPED in the pool...clothes and all.."   I can still hear the squeals of delight as I splashed them all...  I want those moments back..(and no this is not a cliche' ..play on words ...because this happens to be the Moments 2 Cherish blog..)    I want them back.. or at least to savor them a bit longer...before a HUGE change occurs...  (SIGH)  I am a whiner I know.. but for years now Summer has ended the same way....Bub goes back to the primary school and my girl goes to the middle school...  very close, very familiar.... happens every year...  I am trying to keep a strong front and a smile on my face... I know it will be okay... you see my girl will not go to the familiar place this year... the one that feels like a second home.. the one where we knew everyone... we were family..(well, thats how it felt..)   She goes to a new school this year... in a new town.. about 20 mins from our home..(we are currently close enough to walk...)   (SIGH)... I know... :)      again...with the blah, blah...blah..  We are certainly not the ONLY family experiencing this "change"... and I am very sure most are feeling the same apprehension....  This all goes back to the title of this post... I am a creature of habit.....  I thrive in it... I need stability...I enjoy the knowing... you know!?     I am sure the 1st morning will be filled with tantrums and tears..(all ME)  hehe   We have always enjoyed the fact that we can get up at 7:30 and still be at school on time....  amazing, I know!  :)  Well... with the new schedule...5:30 will very well be my alarm setting...  THE HORROR....  and as I sit typing this it has just become midnight... HOW... do you think this insomniac, who works at night...sometimes into the wee hours... will drag herself out of bed at said alarm setting??     It will be one of lifes little miracles...I am sure I will do it... I am sure I will have angry eyebrows until I devour my 1st coffee..bless you Keurig...    praying for a miracle up in here...  :)       I am going to take a big breath....and move forward..  pray for a smooth transition... and that my girl finds some wonderful, life-long friends at her new school...    and that her Mom doesn't get too many tickets trying to get her there on time......(sigh)    Enjoy your last couple days of Summer... hold those little ones close, they grow up so very fast....I hope that you all made amazing memories this Summer...  I know I will treasure mine for the rest of my days... Blessings~Stacy

No comments: